A Blog Based On The Life Of Your Not So Average Teenager.

Hey people of the interwebs Steven back again with yet another blog post. This post is going to be 100% aimed at magicians so apologies in advance to my non magician readers.

In today’s post I will review a magic effect from my good friend Edward Boswell. If you keep up to date with the latest magic release you will see that Edward release an effect with Theory 11 today called Rapture. This is a deck to box routine that looks like camera tricks. When Edward first showed me this trick I was stunned at how visual it was over all this is a great trick check it out here:


Purchase it from here:
http://www.theory11.com/tricks/rapture-by-edward-boswell

Well that was not what I am reviewing today the effect I am reviewing is called Cheaters Monte. First I would like to say the following review is my honest opinion so if it is a bad review I am just speaking my mind. Secondly just because Edward is friend of mine it doesn’t mean I will be nicer to him in my review. So let’s get started.


Name of product: Cheaters Monte By Edward Boswell



Price:FREE Yes it really is FREE

Available from:http://www.sleightjournal.com/ Just sign up on the website and recive it for free

Quick Description:
Three cards are shown, two black and a red queen of hearts. The queen is turned face down and put on bottom. It then appears in the middle. So you flip it face up. And again it travels from the bottom to the middle. You keep the cards in a spread, and it jumps from middle to bottom. You finally explain that you cheat in cards. And all the cards are black.

Trailer:



Quality of the PDF: The PDF is really well produced all the photos are shot in great quality and the explanation is really easy to follow and the patter Edward uses is also included. Overall a really well produced PDF. The crediting in the PDF is very simple but credits those who need to be credited 8/10

My honest opinion on the effect:
This is a great trick and is very visual which doesn’t happen often in 3 Card Monte style effects which is a bonus. When I do walk around or table hopping I carry this trick with me and I perform it with a presentation about how street hustlers will cheat you out of money usually to a group of guys because I have found that men like this style of effect better than women. It is also not very hard to do and you will have it down in a very short time. The effect also has a great kicker which shocks the audience. Also included in the PDF is an extra ending by my friend Casey Rudd which I use and kills the audience.

Rating out of 10
Overall this is a great trick and is super visual I will give this a 8/10


Well that’s it from me for just now any questions regarding anything in this post feel free to contact me on any of the ways listed below. I will be back in a few weeks with a new post. Until then enjoy the summer while it lasts.




Thanks

Steven Blair :)


Find me at:

Twitter
Facebook
Youtube
Like me

0 Responses so far.

Post a Comment